Migrating from Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.1.x to Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition cloud-managed product.
1. What hardware and software do I need to use SEP SBE cloud-managed service?
You manage your SEP SBE cloud-managed account through your web browser. For the computers that you use to manage your account, you can use most Windows, Linux or Macintosh computers. Computers running the SEP SBE cloud-managed agent require a Windows operating system.
2. When is a trial account officially converted to a paid subscription?
During the data import step of the migration process, the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager data and license information is validated and displayed to you for verification.
When you confirm the data and the license information, your current licenses are converted and applied to your cloud-managed account.
3. Can I migrate only the licenses?
During the review and confirm data step of the migration process, you have the option to delete group, policy, and computer data and only import the licenses.
After completing the migration process, you can manually add computers, create groups and polices, and apply the licenses from the cloud management console.
4. What versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager are compatible?
You can migrate from one of the following versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager:
5. Do I need to remove the SEP SBE 12.1.x agents from my computers to install the cloud-managed agent?
Yes. If you use the redistributable installer package or the standard manual install method, then the supported SEP SBE 12.1.x agents are automatically removed and the cloud-managed agent is installed.
6. Can I use both the cloud-managed and on-premises versions of SEP SBE to support my Windows and Mac computers?
Yes. An exception for hybrid environments is permitted. You may migrate to the cloud-managed version for your Windows environment while using the on-premises version to support your Mac computers.
You also have the option of unmanaged Mac support.
7. What are the different ways to migrate computer endpoints?
We recommend that you download the SEP SBE Agent Migrator which automatically migrates all your existing computers by replacing the agents with the cloud-managed agents.
You can also manually install the cloud-managed agents using one of these methods: download and install onto individual computers, send email invitations to users to install agents, or download and build a redistributable package to push out agents to computers.
8. Is there a limit to the number of computers that I can migrate to my SEP SBE cloud-managed account?
Your SEP SBE cloud-managed account can support an unlimited number of endpoints.
9. Will my computers be protected when they're not connected to the Internet?
SEP SBE cloud-managed product protects your computers even when an Internet connection is not available. The cloud-managed agent is always running to enforce your organization's security policies and protect your computers. However, without an Internet connection, software and policy updates cannot be downloaded and event information uploaded by the agent.
10. What happens to my current licenses?
The migration process applies your current license terms (duration and count) to your cloud-managed account. Your SEP SBE 12.1.x installation is not affected and is valid until its current end date.
11. Can data be migrated from multiple Symantec Endpoint Protection Managers?
You can migrate data from multiple Symantec Endpoint Protection Managers one at a time.
12. Can I migrate partner managed account?
Yes. You must create separate accounts for each customer. Failure to do so combines all customer computers into one single account